Allen wrench storage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Years ago, I found a nifty set at Lowes. Has a nice case, nice size arrangement, and has worked well for what I use them for. I don't see it on the lowes website anymore, but here is the set on another website that I have not ever used.

Here is a very similar set on ebay.

E-gads

Reaction score
I received the Tekton set today. My first impression is pretty good. The case secures nicely. Slapped the case against my hand fairly hard and a few wrenches came loose but didn't move from their locations. Putting a thin piece of packing foam inside will take care of that. I do worry about the hinges failing after many uses since they are just plastic but I could probably replace with a small piano hinge when that happens. Can't speak for the strength of the wrenches as I'm not going to put one in a vise and wrench on it until it breaks. If the fastener is that hard to remove, I'll use one of my allen sockets. I like my knuckles, don't want to bash them up because an allen wrench broke. Did that once removing a pipe plug from a head doing head gaskets. impacted the knuckle on my thumb so hard it tore a big flap of flesh back almost to the bone. Should have gone to get stitches but it was 2am and I was trying to get the job done. A little electrical tape to hold the flap down and stop the bleeding and I kept working. My wife called me an idiot. I didn't have the heart to tell her she wasn't wrong.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I despise Allen wrenches for this reason! I usually use hex bit sockets when I'm able. My box is very well organized, except for my Allen keys. They are just in a drawer. I have some very large ones still in the packaging. I just avoid the drawer unless I absolutely cannot. I have multiple sets I have accumulated over the years, never actually take them in my mobile box(I'm sure that will bite me in the arse some day).

I commend you for tackling such a horrid predicament.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This just popped up in my recommended on Amazon. I have been looking at a lot of Tekton tools lately(Michigan based company, I'm orginally from MI).Tekton Hex Key Set Looks like a decent set, in a nice holder for a good price. $16. I might buy it and get rid of my crap shoot of hex keys.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This just popped up in my recommended on Amazon. I have been looking at a lot of Tekton tools lately(Michigan based company, I'm orginally from MI).Tekton Hex Key Set Looks like a decent set, in a nice holder for a good price. $16. I might buy it and get rid of my crap shoot of hex keys.
It's already been mentioned in this thread. It's got some horrible reviews, if you take the time to read the negative ones.

Richard

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's already been mentioned in this thread. It's got some horrible reviews, if you take the time to read the negative ones.

Richard
I will admit, I didn't read through the whole thread. I just found it odd, immediately after typing my previous post I go over to Amazon, and wouldn't you know it, recommended. Darned spying tech.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having a similar dilemma with tool organization in general. Long story short...After a decade of hording hand me down tools from my father (he's a yard sale tool hawk), I've finally started using them and storing them properly. My Allen wrench situation however is out of control. Some are in buckets filled with other loose tools, some in garage, some in shed...They are pretty much everywhere EXCEPT where I can find them LOL.

Been making it by with this Black & Decker contraption that usually lives in my truck. Comes in handy on the fly but not the best...

Attachments

• BD1.jpg
    BD1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 6
  • BD2.jpg
    BD2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 6