All clear tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where would the breach in legality be? If it's the shape of the taillights how do other company's reproduce LED versions and such. I'm not doubting you, just ignorant to the legalities of such circumstances.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they cannot reproduce them in terms of legality. the molds and rights to them still exist
Uh...there are numerous copies of original (factory red) lenses out there being sold by the aftermarket. TYC, DEPO, Eagle Eye, etc. and they are pretty literal copies of the factory lenses. If anybody has rights to the design it's GM. Nobody that made an aftermarket copy has any leg to stand on unless they're paying licensing fees to GM.

If you've got some info that says otherwise, I'm certainly open to hearing it.

Richard

mike_b

Reaction score
I have contacted Klearz before, and the answer they gave me as to why they can't make them is that they're too expensive to make that people wouldn't want to pay for them, apparently.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive been told no one can even come close to the original apc clears without legality issues, i was told the whole shpeal but honestly it went right by me as im in no one familiar or up to date with legalities, its just what i was told shown and proven from the owner of the rights to it.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The legal issue with APC's is that they aren't DOT legal; APC was forced to recall them and replace them with the ones you've seen that have the red reflector inside the clear lens. Obviously not everybody bothered to return theirs, in fact I bet few people did. APC, nor anybody else aftermarket, can claim ownership of the design though because it's a design based almost literally on the original GM lens.

That's my opinion anyway, and I'm willing to bet a sammich on it being accurate. :D

Richard

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I was not sure where to post this question.

But I am thinking of selling my all clear tail lights and was wanting to know how much they sell for? I do not need to sell them but was looking at clearing out my garage. They do not have any nicks or cracks. Just need to be cleaned.

You must be registered for see images attach
I want them I'll buy them name the price.