Alignment Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inscarguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone, jst took my 98 sierra to have aligned at my chevy dealer( know them well ). So after all said and done it still wanders all over the place. The issue i have are the caster specs. Here are the before and after specs.

Everything on the front endnn8s brand new, incl redhead box, new steering shaft, nos lower control arms, moog uppers etc... its a k1500 btw. It also has 22x9 rims with new michelins 285 45 22. Knockouts have been done and adj. Kits are new.

Im thinking something is bent somewhere.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Did you talk to them? They should be able to tell you why/what they were struggling with to not get it right.

inscarguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you talk to them? They should be able to tell you why/what they were struggling with to not get it right.

I did, they could not explain it, thats why i am asking all of you. Im leaning towards something bent.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You said "moog uppers".... new control arms, or new ball joints in the original arms? If new arms, compare with the old one carefully... maybe it's malformed?

inscarguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are complete arms. All old parts are not available.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How sure are you that the knockouts are out? They didn't move the passenger side, and they were only able to move the driver's side less than a degree? I don't disagree with your thought that something may be bent because I just did this job on my C1500 and I don't think there's anyway to bolt that stuff together with negative caster (K1500 could be different). That said, with the knockouts out (front and rear adjustment bolts on the upper control arm), there was 4-5 degrees of caster adjustment available on mine.