"Alice", my 2002 Silverado 1500HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, that's painful to look at. We had softball-sized hail a few years ago, but we were lucky that it was mostly small hail with a few softballs mixed in. You can get that worked out by a painless dent guy. The masses of golfballs you got makes painless dent removal not worth it. I'm glad it was only hail and it sounds like everyone was safe.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Dang that hurts to see; I know last time we had a storm roll through with a chance for hail I sacrificed a few big cardboard boxes I was saving and covered up both my trucks and the wife's car.
What's the plan now? Hopefully insurance doesn't try to total anything out?
I've got full coverage on the Silverado, but with it's age, and every body panel (except the tailgate, which was facing the onslaught???) now having dents, I suspect they're gonna total it out of I file. Grandparents car isn't paid off, but was worth quite a bit more than owed. Fiancé's car just had liability.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to hear/see that..... we've had a good bit of rain in Houston, but nothing like that! I know north of town, Conroe, Huntsville, etc. got a lot more rain than we did. Don't know about any hail, because I haven't been in contact with the guys I know up that way yet.
@SUBURBAN5 , how'd y'all come through this storm?
Not bad at all. I don't even think we lost power. Normally when I get home all the clocks are blinking lol. 99 had some high puddles but nothing crazy

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Got my driver's side mirror in, and replaced yesterday 2 days ago. The TYC glass isn't as flat and distortion free as the original mirror was, but it's significantly better than the shattered mess that the hail turned the original into.
Also got the Dorman high mount brake light installed. It's ok quality. I'm gonna go back and order an original GM one later. But this is good enough for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20231015_185245.jpg
    IMG_20231015_185245.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 7