Air lift-suspension front and back question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TennesseeBoy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve found a ‘98 Z71 I’m wanting to buy but is has air-lift suspension all the way around (front and back). I’m wanting to lower it back to normal height and put 16’s or 17’s back in it as a daily driver/family truck. Is that possible, or do these air lift suspensions cut that chance out forever? I’m not familiar with them at all [emoji51]. Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TennesseeBoy

Reaction score
I’m going to go look at it today. What should I look for?

I can’t find full front and rear air suspension kits for a 4WD ‘98. Guess I’ll see what he’s got.

Last edited:

TennesseeBoy

Reaction score
Will do. Part of me thinks it’s just rear and he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I’ll take some pics today and post them.

I’m hoping it’s just helper bags in the rear and a T-bar crank in the front. That’s easy [emoji106]

Here’s a pic of the battery setup from FB marketplace , it’s got a powered compressor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So long as you know what stock looks like. Just look to see how they attached it. Mainly like a said. Cuts and welds. Rear end should be easy to convert back to leave springs and shocks. Front I would look at upper and lower. So long as there stock looking you can remove and install back the stock arms. Keep an eye out. Remember he has to be a complete dumbass to make it permanent. Airbags go bad and would have to be changed eventually. You just gotta see how he did it.

TennesseeBoy

Reaction score
So the guy didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. It was a normal 6” lift with added air ride. He way over talked the truck, it was in rough shape. Sometimes I hate FB. Thanks anyway guys.