Air Bags with B&W hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are the new mounts any beefier? I'm less concerned with bolt count than collapsing the mount.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow why you would collapse? Does bracket/bag hit bottom of frame or does it offset?

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Airlift wants you to "stengthen" frame with insert. And bolt up through bottom. There is only 1 bolt through side and honestly looks like just to center it up.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow why you would collapse? Does bracket/bag hit bottom of frame or does it offset?

The middle lifts off the frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you look closely, I've already collapsed the tin end pieces for the bags but I don't give a **** about that. I'm thinking of laying the hitch side mount in place over the bag mount, tracing a line, and cutting it there so it can press up into the hitch side mount.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the tins get bent from overloading with no air in bags? I cant figure why the tin would have bent. Those bags are 5k capacity.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did the tins get bent from overloading with no air in bags? I cant figure why the tin would have bent. Those bags are 5k capacity.

Me either. I got the truck with bags and the tins were smashed. I reached out to Airlift to buy new hardware but they sent me new on the house because of the lifetime warranty. If it is from overloading empty bags then it must be because I must drain the bags to fit the truck and camper into my hangar. With the bags filled I'm too tall and once I'm in I just level the rig by dropping the jacks.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
side view

So what I did on my DRW was I simply took those side bolts out and left them out while the B&W plate when right on top of the "ear".

Also not sure but the bracket pictured seems to have the bag stick out a bit. I'll get a few pictures of my setup when I get home.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the promised pictures.