Air Bags with B&W hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcab

Reaction score
My 1997 K3500 single rear wheel is squatting with our new trailer. I already have the B&W gooseneck hitch installed. I’m wanting to add air bags but every kit I have found seems to go in the same spot on the chassis as the B&w. Is there an offering for this? It must be a common issue.

I have followed the site for years but haven’t posted since I find most answers in the search box. This one has me reaching out for help! Thanks

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have installed a ton of airlift. I would feel more than comfortable drilling and bolting in the lower two bolts on the frame rail. For a little extra insurance you can weld the brackets in. All the upper and lower mounts do is keep the bag located. Heck we just made a kit for the new 2500 from an older one.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The airbag kits for 88-98 trucks mount in place of the OEM bumpstop. I didn't think the B&W mounts there?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

crewcab

Reaction score
86454k30 the bumpstop is not the issue. The bracket that goes on the outside of the chassis is. Would you measure the height of your chassis where the mount is and the distance from the bottom of the chassis to the top of the bracket? Also what brand is yours? Thanks!

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you are still over thinking this. The kit shown you can simply knock the frame ears off and bolt in from underneath. Been there done it and has held on our 3500 shop truck. The new trucks only get 2 bolts up from bottom that are maybe m12 at max. The brackets do nothing but locate the bags.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How much air do you run in your bags Chewy? I run mine at 90 with the camper, I'd be concerned that chopping that side bracket off might cause what's left to collapse upward into the frame. My Aiflifts have just one of those side mounts, not 2 like 86454K30 has.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have run then all the way to 100lbs. The new 7500 lb bags from airlift uses 2 bolts into frame for the 2500 and 3500 with gooseneck hitches. I would definitely bolt in from bottom and run it!!!!