Air Bag Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darin1047

Reaction score
I am wanting to put airbags with compressor into my 1999 Suburban but cant decide where to put the compressor. I live in Canada and they recommend some place to keep out of the elements. I original though about putting it where my jack is located but upon further inspection the location is too small for the compressor. Next I thought about installing it in the under hood storage box put would like to keep that for storage. Any other ideas of where people have mounted them to keep away from the elements?

eshaw

Reaction score
Get yourself one of the plastic battery boxes and use that. You can mount it where ever you need that way.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You could put it under the truck if you make a sacrificial rust shield for it. Still better to have it under the hood. My dually came with a dead compressor mounted to the outside of the frame rail for God and the whole world to see just like the damn boost a pump. Cleanliness of installation was not the PO's strongsuit.