Aftermarket Rear Defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, you get more snow and cold for sure. I like snow, but no one here has a clue how to drive in it. One of the best and worst things my dad did was teach me how to do doughnuts in the snow in our green '73 Caprice 454. Then he taught me how to regain control...basically beginnings of drifting before it had a name. Down side is, majority of the people I share the road with can't count to "potato", let alone drive.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, you get more snow and cold for sure. I like snow, but no one here has a clue how to drive in it. One of the best and worst things my dad did was teach me how to do doughnuts in the snow in our green '73 Caprice 454. Then he taught me how to regain control...basically beginnings of drifting before it had a name. Down side is, majority of the people I share the road with can't count to "potato", let alone drive.

Oh yes, I remember when I got my license in January of 1989 and doing donuts in the NAPA and school parking lots in my 1977 heavy half Chevy truck lol! You are right, that does teach you how to regain control. And yes, there are a lot of idiot's out on the road today. They can't even drive a stick shift.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
I keep toying with the idea of putting a 5-speed in my Crown Vic. They're not cheap to do, but neither is continuing to rebuild or replace the crappy slush box they come with.
It's going to be a frostfighter.com customer too. I knocked a defroster tab off while cleaning the back window one day. Going to try their repair kit.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I keep toying with the idea of putting a 5-speed in my Crown Vic. They're not cheap to do, but neither is continuing to rebuild or replace the crappy slush box they come with.
It's going to be a frostfighter.com customer too. I knocked a defroster tab off while cleaning the back window one day. Going to try their repair kit.
This is what I learned to drive stick shift in when I was 13 or 14, dad's 1973 Ford F350. He still has it, he bought it in 1977 or so. 360 and granny 4 speed. It now has 42K miles on it since new.

You must be registered for see images attach

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score

Wow!!! A Google search popped up the EXACT color of '78 Datsun B210 GX I had! I love that car and wish I still had it. 36 mpg is missed greatly. And that was driving it like Ken Block! Lol! Well, like Ken Block would drive if he only had 78 hp...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

Wow!!! A Google search popped up the EXACT color of '78 Datsun B210 GX I had! I love that car and wish I still had it. 36 mpg is missed greatly. And that was driving it like Ken Block! Lol! Well, like Ken Block would drive if he only had 78 hp...
I remember seeing those cars around when I was in junior high and highway school. Late 70s,early 80s,graduated in 1984. We had square body pickups then, and the one time there was snow in Houston, it shut down the whole city. Rode home from school in a football player friend's late 60s Delta 88 4 door, with 2 more friends without their own cars. Normal 30 minute trip took 2 hours because of traffic. People here have trouble driving in rain, let alone anything worse.....

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update now that I've got a few months on my heated mirrors and rear topper window defroster. Still working great and are great additions. Well worth my time and investment and I'm glad I went the extra mile to use a factory rear defrost switch for the interior.

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update now that I've got a few months on my heated mirrors and rear topper window defroster. Still working great and are great additions. Well worth my time and investment and I'm glad I went the extra mile to use a factory rear defrost switch for the interior.
did you run your mirrors off the factory defrost switch ?