Aftermarket Rear Defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these guys? https://frostfighter.com
I'm thinking about adding it to the cavernous crew cab, along with aftermarket "add to your own existing mirrors" heated mirrors from another company.
You must be registered for see images attach

I figure it's worth a shot. Crew cabs are too damn big to wait for the heat to reach the back window.
Sounds like I might even use their repair kit or even their replacement kit for the one I broke in the Vic.
I like the idea of the front windshield wiper resting area heater too! If I had to replace either windshield, I'd slap one on there for sure.

Last edited:

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also looking at the frost fighter but the one they sell for rear topper windows. I have a couple of questions for them and called today but the lady that normally handles questions was out of the office. I'll try again tomorrow and more than likely will order that kit at the same time.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the kit for my topper back window showed up. I did spring for the extra coiled cords for the window hinge area as I think that will work better and look nicer. I'm not going to use their controller and switch though. I've already ran a trigger wire from the factory rear defrost switch I'm using to power my heated mirrors to a relay under the hood to power the defroster. That way one switch operates all of it.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far so good although they are kind of short on wire. I have a short bed and was only running from a relay mounted just in front of the master cylinder to the driver's side rear corner of the bed to a 2 wire plug ( so if I need to take the topper off all I have to do is unplug at the bed rail) and barely had enough. It's 14ga and I kinda figured I'd need some extra so I had some on hand. Next step will be to take the window off and get the grid stuck to it then run wiring from my plug up and over to the window hinge. Unfortunately it'll probably be Friday before I have time to do that. Seeing as how the weatherman is calling for highs only in the mid 30s for next week and lows in the low 20s I need to get it done this week lol!

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
The way things are going, I can't put a timeline on when mine will get done. At best I'm looking at mid January.
Thanks for keeping me up on your installation. I guess it will be good for me since I only have the length of the cab to do.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's in and working. It wasn't terribly hard but I was lucky that since I was doing my topper rear window I took it completely off and laid it on the couch in the house so it was laying flat and I had no obstacles to work around. If you are handy at putting window tint on, which I'm not, you would probably have no issues getting the grid stuck to your window. Although this kit came with a remote mount timer box and switch I wanted to use my factory rear defrost switch I had already installed when I added heated mirrors, so I ran a trigger wire from that to a 40 amp relay under the hood. I then ran the power wire from that along the inside of the driver's side frame rail and up through the taillight area and into the rear corner of the bed. I purchased a 2 wire weatherpak connector so I can easily unplug it if I ever need to remove the topper. I also sprung extra for the 2 coiled cords since this is an opening window and I figured it would look nicer and keep the cords out of the way better when the window is open. It's 48° here in north central Indiana and after letting it run for the first 10 minute cycle my temperature gun showed the grid at 80°. It was kind of a pain to install, like the heated mirrors were, but I know I'll love it this winter lol!