Aftermarket grille need emblem that will fit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Nichols

Reaction score
The lowdown; Aftermarket grille is for 88-93 to fit my 1992 c3500 reg cab Silverado. Original grille is shot. I have two options, one grille has no embossed area just the two round mount holes, the other grille has approx 7.5" sunken area on each side for slanted bowtie sides but not at top or bottom as is on my original grille. this is not the single headlight on each side grille that some 1 tons have. it is regular Silverado grille that fits C 1500-3500.

Now there has to be a lot of folks with the aftermarket grilles. After much research I haven't found the right emblem. Who's using aftermarket grilles and what emblem did you go with?
Thanks, Jack

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Stock emblem should work. Aftermarket companies leave out some or all of the border to get around making the grilles without licensing through GM.

Jack Nichols

Reaction score
Yes I think original has the snap on mount, the aftermarket grilles have the two round holes that use those screw on tin washer type mounts.

OK Stumpy, It looks like you are right on! After using extension mirror to see back side of stock grille I see those mount post are not the clip ons but the screw on mounts. It looks like the stocker will fit just fine. Due to a snow dump and icy weather I was unable (unwilling?) to wade out and shovel snow to properly examine the original mount.:rolleyes: