Aftermarket Gauge Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Revin7

Reaction score
hello, i have been searching for aftermarket gauge clusters and see there are a few options (dakota, invision, autometer) anyone have some advice? good the bad and the ugly!! mine is in dire need of replacement so either i go with a restored original and just spruce it up or go aftermarket. appreciate any advice. 2000 K3500 454.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I am going aftermarket on my truck, but my panel is custom-made and will house 6 gauges.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have not trimmed my dash yet as I have to remove the I/P harness to thin it out, and I will cut the dash at the same time.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am also looking for something cool to replace the stock cluster on my 97 Tahoe. Would like it to be mostly a bolt in!
Seena few but they didn't really do it for me.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the autometer setup. It replaces the entire cluster and surround on the 88-94. After installing it I think I would rather have an insert for just the gauges. I’ll post pictures later today, have to work now.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago my moonie gauges, in my 88, were wigging out and, at the time, rebuilt ones were more expensive than this Dakota Digital one. It's probably not for everyone but, I like it. It tracks 0-60, 1/4 mile time and trap speed, high RPMs, 2 trip odometers, tach, etc. There is some wiring involved.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some pictures of my setup. Like I said I like the gauges just not the rest so much.

Revin7

Reaction score
Here is some pictures of my setup. Like I said I like the gauges just not the rest so much.

Thanks! looks great!

Revin7

Reaction score
Years ago my moonie gauges, in my 88, were wigging out and, at the time, rebuilt ones were more expensive than this Dakota Digital one. It's probably not for everyone but, I like it. It tracks 0-60, 1/4 mile time and trap speed, high RPMs, 2 trip odometers, tach, etc. There is some wiring involved.
Thanks, nice set up!

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

i've got the same setup in my truck!

i really like the new style dakota digital came up with - i can see myself swapping over to this in the future