Aftermarket fuel injection

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by TexasPipeliner, Oct 1, 2020.

Car Parts
  1. TexasPipeliner

TexasPipeliner Newbie

Have any of you guys used the summit max efi 500 of comparable fitech unit to replace the tbi I am considering doing this on my 94 k3500 because I want to do vortech heads and upgrade cam and intake to give her a little more pep she runs really good but just doesn’t get up and go the way some of my other tbi Chevy’s have done

HotWheelsBurban likes this.
  2. Erik the Awful

Erik the Awful I'm Awesome

I'm running a Holley Sniper with a Summit dual-plane intake on a Vortec-headed TBI block and a .507/.515" lift Lunati cam. I'm a cheap bastard, and I seriously considered the Summit, the FiTech, and the Holley. In the end I went with the Holley. The deal-maker was finding them refurbished from Holley at a discount. I broke a connector on mine and the tech support was non-existent, but everybody's doing this, so there are plenty of tips and instructions online.

3. TexasPipeliner

TexasPipeliner Newbie

Thanks for the input I am probably going to be using primarily summit branded parts to keep the cost down some so I was hoping someone could give me some real world feedback on the summit efi but it doesn’t seem like a lot of people have used it yet. Do you consider the sniper easier than getting the ebl flash setup for the factory tbi

4. LC2NLS6

LC2NLS6 OBS Enthusiast

I'm 99% done with my Holley Sniper install. Looking back, I should have just spent the money and gone to a Holley HP or Terminator to move the ECU off the engine and into a cozy soft place in the interior.

5. TexasPipeliner

TexasPipeliner Newbie

That’s one reason I am looking at the summit unit because you can remote mount the ecu I don’t know why some of them think it’s a good idea to put it in the middle of the engine when gm proved that was a bad idea with the 6.5 diesel lol