After listening to Bob Seger and thinking and thinking about American history why hasn't Chrysler gone to path with General Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Chrysler tried for a minute to be like gm with they’re Eminem songs with 300 driving from belle isle to Detroit with Clint “the stint” Eastwood voicing over on bringing back the American auto or something to that effect lol but all are actually inspiring commercials I really liked them when new.

1- Motown
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2-Eminem

3-Clint Eastwood

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I was going to wait until after Thanksgiving.... however you mentioning "Chrysler" reminded me of something......

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chrysler tried for a minute to be like gm with they’re Eminem songs with 300 driving from belle isle to Detroit with Clint “the stint” Eastwood voicing over on bringing back the American auto or something to that effect lol but all are actually inspiring commercials I really liked them when new.

1- Motown

2-Eminem

3-Clint Eastwood
Wait what? The 300? The Canadian-built car from the (at the time) Italian-owned company (FCA) with generations-old German engineering (from the DaimlerChrysler days)... bringing back the "American" auto?! LOL

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my 2006 300C SRT8. Tons (literally) of fun and a lot of bang for the buck, but it sure ain't American.. unless they wanna stretch it and try to claim "North American" :D

*edit before some nitpicker fact-checks me, I guess in 2013 it was still "Chrysler Group LLC" just before FCA got them in 2014. Gotta tell you.. DaimlerChrysler sure was a win for Chrysler and a big fat loser for Daimler. Daimler paid a bundle for them and had to practically give them away years later, but Chrysler sure introduced a lot of really exciting cars to market at a time where they otherwise could have faded completely into oblivion. Couldn't have done it without Daimler's engineering and capital.

Richard

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The smartest thing Chrysler did was keep the 300 in production so long without significant changes. All the car mags might whine about how old the design is, but it's better than replacing it with a turd. A good design is a good design, and a newer design isn't necessarily better.

I hear they're discontinuing it in 2023. I'm not confident they can replace it with anything as good.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wait what? The 300? The Canadian-built car from the (at the time) Italian-owned company (FCA) with generations-old German engineering (from the DaimlerChrysler days)... bringing back the "American" auto?! LOL

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my 2006 300C SRT8. Tons (literally) of fun and a lot of bang for the buck, but it sure ain't American.. unless they wanna stretch it and try to claim "North American" :D

*edit before some nitpicker fact-checks me, I guess in 2013 it was still "Chrysler Group LLC" just before FCA got them in 2014. Gotta tell you.. DaimlerChrysler sure was a win for Chrysler and a big fat loser for Daimler. Daimler paid a bundle for them and had to practically give them away years later, but Chrysler sure introduced a lot of really exciting cars to market at a time where they otherwise could have faded completely into oblivion. Couldn't have done it without Daimler's engineering and capital.

Richard
When Mother Mopar had her rich German husband who was big on efficiency, then after she spent a lot of his money, she got a divorce and hooked up with a sexy Italian husband. Now she dumped him for a French guy.....

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When Mother Mopar had her rich German husband who was big on efficiency, then after she spent a lot of his money, she got a divorce and hooked up with a sexy Italian husband. Now she dumped him for a French guy.....
The Italian and the French are... uh.. co-owner, uhhh, I mean, it's apparently what they call a "complicated" relationship these days. :D

Richard

Intragration

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Eminem Detroit commercial featured a 200, not a 300, specifically because it was newly-introduced, and assembled in the USA. If a commercial can tell a "good" story -- and opinions about Eminem the performer aside -- I think this one does. I still appreciate it at any rate.

As for the future of the cars, I think "Chrysler" is phasing out all of the V8 cars after '23 and moving to electric on a new platform. Undoubtedly with huge electronic dash displays and tons of electrical lights on the outside, to remind you that it's an electric car. (Wouldn't electric cars that use electricity for motive power be better off using mechanical gauges, and the fewest, smallest lights possible to boost range? You know, the old hot rodder trick of "every little bit"? I get that everything is "low-draw" and LED, but still, every flashy-blinky item is detracting from range. Apparently I'd make a very bad modern automotive engineer...)