After listening to Bob Seger and thinking and thinking about American history why hasn't Chrysler gone to path with General Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Hahaha so here’s me from 2018 Halloween I’m top pic for yelp monster party ball in Detroit! wife just showed me it just something extra on/off your Detroit story. I’m the skeleton faced guy lol I did my own make up and scared the crap outta of a guy walking back to the car he left his chic running passed they’re double date couple in fright! Hahaha pics better if you look it up! And they have pic of me n wife together too with me ACTUALLY TRYING TO BE SCARY LOL
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I guess it could be worse. What's horribly annoying are when the songs are licensed and the words changed to suit the commercial, like the one they play the hell out of right now for DuckDuckGo
100%, same with those awful drug commercials like Ozempic, Trelegy and others, I hate to say I have those songs memorized even more than the original songs. o_O

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out ZZ Top now this is on a whole nother level of I know what ffff I’m doin!!!
You must be registered for see images attach
You notice he’s either playing in the lowest or highest registrar. Nothing in the middle. More for show. I like Dusty”s 4 string 51 Precision better. IMO

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:leghump: So Bob Seger had trench foot?
Bobs house doesnt flood.
Bob has money
That is a pretty damn close comment though.
Detroit and the burbs flood like hell.
My ex lives in Berkley and has been flooded 3 times since 2006.
And every time this happens turds explode out her basement drains and out of the toilets.
Turd fountains.
And it keeps getting worse because that basic infrasructure hasnt been maintained or improved.
This whole notion that somehow Detroits problems are laughable and that somehow we should mock the people of Detroit is so ******* sick and twisted and just disgusting.
We are talking about the rotted corpse of the greatest manufacturing city in the history of the world as if it is somehow an achievement that it is destroyed.
The official disclaimer.
My ex is from Detroit.
If she was freezing to death I wouldnt waste a match to light her on fire.
Eveyone else I ever met in Detroit were trying as hard as they could to hang on to their city and drag it back from the brink.
I could never live there. Im a Washington native.
I need my trees and my mud and my volcanoes and my saltwater and my rain and my 220 days of overcast gloom and and tsunamnis.
Wet dogs and moss.
My ex found this to be very intimidating and frightening.
She said that all of the trees and mountains made her feel claushtraphobic.
(yes, I know its mispelled but so is everything else)
I thought that it was just another ******** excuse on her part to avoid moving here.
It sure as hell stunk like ******** at the time.
A few years after the divorce I mentioned this to my Mom.
Mom is from L.A.
grew up in the valley.
And Mom told me that she went through the same thing when she moved here.
I had no idea that a land could frightening.
My ex from Detroit came home one day while we were living on our pretty damn sweet house on the 15th hole of the Coyote lakes golf course in surprise Arizona and I was making ******* bank as as a salesman at the Dodge dealership and told me that everybody in Arizona
Things are tough when the drug dog pukes.

Buddy of mine had foot-rot. Tried everything--ointments, cremes, powders, over-the-counter and even prescription stuff. Nothin' worked. He was pretty miserable at work.

He tells me about this. I tell him to GET NEW BOOTS. He's desperate. We throw his old boots into the wood stove, and Satan comes out of them. He starts wearing new boots and clean socks...feet are healed-up in ten days/two weeks.

The fungus/bacteria was living in the leather of his boots. He got a new application of fungus/bacteria every day he wore 'em.
Yep!
When you get into the trades.
Buy the best boots you can buy.
And take care of those boots like you would take care of any good expensive tool.
And get them fitted.
Cheap boots will not only wreck your feet but they can be deadly dangerious.
Cheap boots dont have a solid tread.
They have a ****** glued waffle tread.
When that toe comes loose you will faceplant.
You better hope we have that temp wire up when that 20 dollar boot comes apart.
And is why we pay for fitted boots for every body who is a good solid new hire.
We build steel staircases.
The stairs are formed steel pans that hopefully, maybe somday
The concrete guys might actually pour those treads.
In the meantime those open pans are an extreme tripping hazard.
People in the trade start getting used to it and start running those open stair pans right up untill that cheap ass boot toe peels loose and they trip and go face first into an upper unpoured and not deburred stair pan.
When you slide back that usually peels your neck and chin open right before it shredds your knees.
Going down is even worse.
Thats when you trip and ski run down untill that pan stops you by ripping your scalp off and you head stuff in the pan and flip over and bounce off of the burr a few times and get your back peeled off.
Simple simple easy as **** basic **** that any even the most idiotic constrution manager should be able to understand.
Your job is all about risk management.
Not proffit protection and not about back charging and contractual loopholes.
Your job is to complete the project with everyone safe and at home.
The money part of it is so secondary that it really doesnt matter as much any more.
What I really am proud of?
Nobody ever got injured on one of my jobs .
Nobody.
30 years and not a ******* scrape.
except me.
I bashed myself several stupid ways

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
i know this is an ancient post.
But that wont stop me.
When you think about Detroit these days the story is all about a failed city and a failed people.
I have some ties. All of my Grandparents are from Detroit and my last Ex Wife is from Detroit.
Ive spent some time in the Motor City.
The first thing you need to understand about Detroit is the amazing loyalty they have to the city.
They are diehard Detroit Lions fans
People like Bob Seger and Emminem and pretty much everybody who made it big put money back into pumping up Detroit.
That doesnt happen anywhere else like it happens in Detroit.
That loyalty to a beaten down and depressed city is unlike anything you will ever see anywhere else.
Ive spent some time and sometimes lived in every major city in the US.
That is just part of my job.
Detroit is really in bad shape but it was that way when I first went there in 1985
The part that makes me ill is that Detroit was the manufacturing hub of the world.
Not just cars, machine tools. iron, steel.
A lot of our furniture used to come from Michigan.
That is just Detroit.
Why are we not freaked out about all of our industrial capacity?
Why are we okay with every large scale industry in the Northeast shutting down.
Detroit is the canary in the coal mine.
Gary Indiana is the dead bird.
I live in Seattle.
A place that really really really really really really hates industry.
Right up untill yesterday.
we are flooded swamped with unqualified applicants.
They have muddied up the waters to the point that nobody is getting hired.
I cant even risk doing a job interview.
Because of the scammers.
And that is how you drive the underground economy and all of the crime and graft that comes with it.
Back in the good old days. late 80s through about 99.
pretty much the same thing.
The only way to get a job back in those days.
Learn how to cook a burger.
Know how to run a boat.
Youve never in your life met so many nasty stinky foot boat shoe wearing trolls.
They all dressed like Don Johnson and they were all trying to be coke deallers and all of there feet stunk like rot.
It got so bad that when we were backstage with Gloria Estofan and the Miami Sound Machine in Miami beach the fruggen drug dog puked on my friends nasty stinky feet.
If their is any wisdom I can possibibly pass on after all of this.
I doubt it.
Keep your feet clean. For the love of god clip yer damn toenails.
The key to sucess in life is to not have nasty knarly stinky feet.
And that same rule applies for any woman you meet.
Nasty stinky dirty feet are that block wall of nope.
Clean that ****, Im not planning on planting potatoes in there.

What you just stated, in a nutshell, is that we shifted from being a manufacturing hub to services jobs. Which is 100% true. Fortunately, we've restored 6 figures worth of manufacturing jobs this year alone. We won't get back to where we were, because there will be another China for the foreseeable future to make our piddly ****, but I think some people with money have realized the error of their ways when a communist country and its Draconian approach to controlling disease adversely affects our ability to buy stuff.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What you just stated, in a nutshell, is that we shifted from being a manufacturing hub to services jobs. Which is 100% true. Fortunately, we've restored 6 figures worth of manufacturing jobs this year alone. We won't get back to where we were, because there will be another China for the foreseeable future to make our piddly ****, but I think some people with money have realized the error of their ways when a communist country and its Draconian approach to controlling disease adversely affects our ability to buy stuff.

What you just stated, in a nutshell, is that we shifted from being a manufacturing hub to services jobs. Which is 100% true. Fortunately, we've restored 6 figures worth of manufacturing jobs this year alone. We won't get back to where we were, because there will be another China for the foreseeable future to make our piddly ****, but I think some people with money have realized the error of their ways when a communist country
Yep, but none of that matters if we dont have the factories and the people.
How are you going to re-establish manufacturing in th united states.
What is your plan.