After listening to Bob Seger and thinking and thinking about American history why hasn't Chrysler gone to path with General Motors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Sooo on the Seger thang it was a huge deal for gm/Chevy to get his music on they commercials!!! He doesn’t make music for those reasons and is very protective of his work as was Led Zeppelin. He had a friend that convinced him that his music would help auto sales to help the Detroit auto workers as things weren’t going so well at that time. So he said yes on that it’s was to help out auto workers not Gm/Chevy even though they are hand n hand per say. It’s in a documentary I saw forgot exactly which but yeah he makes music because that’s his craft not because of money but that could be 180 now that that’s most people intent.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sooo on the Seger thang it was a huge deal for gm/Chevy to get his music on they commercials!!! He doesn’t make music for those reasons and is very protective of his work as was Led Zeppelin. He had a friend that convinced him that his music would help auto sales to help the Detroit auto workers as things weren’t going so well at that time. So he said yes on that it’s was to help out auto workers not Gm/Chevy even though they are hand n hand per say. It’s in a documentary I saw forgot exactly which but yeah he makes music because that’s his craft not because of money but that could be 180 now that that’s most people intent.
Led Zep sold out to GM too, though. Remember "Rock & Roll" used in the Cadillac commercials a while back..

It's their art and their choice to market it like that, but I kinda feel like once a song is used in a commercial, I don't really wanna hear the song on the radio all the time anymore, either. Maybe I'm biased that way because I absolutely hate commercials and usually turn the station off or change channels when one comes on.

I guess it could be worse. What's horribly annoying are when the songs are licensed and the words changed to suit the commercial, like the one they play the hell out of right now for DuckDuckGo

Richard

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was listening to Bob Seger one of his favorite hits.
Well also I watched a few Chevrolet commercials where they beat the pee out of trucks like ours. If Chrysler advertises the Plymouth (think Mayflower ) division with that ad it be the most American thing ever since screeching bald eagles.
Ok I'm having too many barley pop.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
i know this is an ancient post.
But that wont stop me.
When you think about Detroit these days the story is all about a failed city and a failed people.
I have some ties. All of my Grandparents are from Detroit and my last Ex Wife is from Detroit.
Ive spent some time in the Motor City.
The first thing you need to understand about Detroit is the amazing loyalty they have to the city.
They are diehard Detroit Lions fans
People like Bob Seger and Emminem and pretty much everybody who made it big put money back into pumping up Detroit.
That doesnt happen anywhere else like it happens in Detroit.
That loyalty to a beaten down and depressed city is unlike anything you will ever see anywhere else.
Ive spent some time and sometimes lived in every major city in the US.
That is just part of my job.
Detroit is really in bad shape but it was that way when I first went there in 1985
The part that makes me ill is that Detroit was the manufacturing hub of the world.
Not just cars, machine tools. iron, steel.
A lot of our furniture used to come from Michigan.
That is just Detroit.
Why are we not freaked out about all of our industrial capacity?
Why are we okay with every large scale industry in the Northeast shutting down.
Detroit is the canary in the coal mine.
Gary Indiana is the dead bird.
I live in Seattle.
A place that really really really really really really hates industry.
Right up untill yesterday.
we are flooded swamped with unqualified applicants.
They have muddied up the waters to the point that nobody is getting hired.
I cant even risk doing a job interview.
Because of the scammers.
And that is how you drive the underground economy and all of the crime and graft that comes with it.
Back in the good old days. late 80s through about 99.
pretty much the same thing.
The only way to get a job back in those days.
Learn how to cook a burger.
Know how to run a boat.
Youve never in your life met so many nasty stinky foot boat shoe wearing trolls.
They all dressed like Don Johnson and they were all trying to be coke deallers and all of there feet stunk like rot.
It got so bad that when we were backstage with Gloria Estofan and the Miami Sound Machine in Miami beach the fruggen drug dog puked on my friends nasty stinky feet.
If their is any wisdom I can possibibly pass on after all of this.
I doubt it.
Keep your feet clean. For the love of god clip yer damn toenails.
The key to sucess in life is to not have nasty knarly stinky feet.
And that same rule applies for any woman you meet.
Nasty stinky dirty feet are that block wall of nope.
Clean that ****, Im not planning on planting potatoes in there.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
i know this is an ancient post.
But that wont stop me.
When you think about Detroit these days the story is all about a failed city and a failed people.
I have some ties. All of my Grandparents are from Detroit and my last Ex Wife is from Detroit.
Ive spent some time in the Motor City.
The first thing you need to understand about Detroit is the amazing loyalty they have to the city.
They are diehard Detroit Lions fans
People like Bob Seger and Emminem and pretty much everybody who made it big put money back into pumping up Detroit.
That doesnt happen anywhere else like it happens in Detroit.
That loyalty to a beaten down and depressed city is unlike anything you will ever see anywhere else.
Ive spent some time and sometimes lived in every major city in the US.
That is just part of my job.
Detroit is really in bad shape but it was that way when I first went there in 1985
The part that makes me ill is that Detroit was the manufacturing hub of the world.
Not just cars, machine tools. iron, steel.
A lot of our furniture used to come from Michigan.
That is just Detroit.
Why are we not freaked out about all of our industrial capacity?
Why are we okay with every large scale industry in the Northeast shutting down.
Detroit is the canary in the coal mine.
Gary Indiana is the dead bird.
I live in Seattle.
A place that really really really really really really hates industry.
Right up untill yesterday.
we are flooded swamped with unqualified applicants.
They have muddied up the waters to the point that nobody is getting hired.
I cant even risk doing a job interview.
Because of the scammers.
And that is how you drive the underground economy and all of the crime and graft that comes with it.
Back in the good old days. late 80s through about 99.
pretty much the same thing.
The only way to get a job back in those days.
Learn how to cook a burger.
Know how to run a boat.
Youve never in your life met so many nasty stinky foot boat shoe wearing trolls.
They all dressed like Don Johnson and they were all trying to be coke deallers and all of there feet stunk like rot.
It got so bad that when we were backstage with Gloria Estofan and the Miami Sound Machine in Miami beach the fruggen drug dog puked on my friends nasty stinky feet.
If their is any wisdom I can possibibly pass on after all of this.
I doubt it.
Keep your feet clean. For the love of god clip yer damn toenails.
The key to sucess in life is to not have nasty knarly stinky feet.
And that same rule applies for any woman you meet.
Nasty stinky dirty feet are that block wall of nope.
Clean that ****, Im not planning on planting potatoes in there.
Your reply cracked me up.. I walk 12k-15k steps each night at work, sometimes in steel toe boots (or sneakers if the weather is ok) and my feet ache like hell later as you might imagine. My wife will often rub my feet/legs either before I go to bed, or before I jump in the shower prior to work. She recently asked how in the hell my feet don't stink, and accused me of not being human. :Big Laugh: Simple.. just staying clean. I shower last thing right before running out the door to work (I hate going out to get sweaty/dirty if I don't start out freshly showered), spray tinactin powder on my feet, and put on fresh socks. Gross, itchy feet are murder when you walk that much.

Richard

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Its genetics too. With some people, it doesn't seem to matter what they do. I can be outside all day and work hard & sweat my rump off- feet won't stink or just barely. My ex's brother? He'd take a shower (supposedly) wash his feet, come visit us some 40 minutes away and when he pulled his boots off, phhuuuck'in A. Clear the room. Dump a bottle of Frebreze on his feet and touch it up every ten minutes. Open the windows. Put his phuckin' nasty boots outside. Even then, just wow.

I've never understood that about myself either, but I've gotta get all cleaned up before I go to sweat & get dirty. Only exception was when I went to junkyards. But if I'm being paid to be there- clean.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are tough when the drug dog pukes.

Buddy of mine had foot-rot. Tried everything--ointments, cremes, powders, over-the-counter and even prescription stuff. Nothin' worked. He was pretty miserable at work.

He tells me about this. I tell him to GET NEW BOOTS. He's desperate. We throw his old boots into the wood stove, and Satan comes out of them. He starts wearing new boots and clean socks...feet are healed-up in ten days/two weeks.

The fungus/bacteria was living in the leather of his boots. He got a new application of fungus/bacteria every day he wore 'em.