AFM DELETE PROBLEMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
INSTALL A SWAP 05 5.3 LH6. CHANGE THE LIFTERS AND VALLEY COVER DO NOT CHANGE THE CAM, THE QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE CAM BECAUSE THE PISTONS WITH AFM DOES NOT WORK

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Active Fuel Management, aka. Displacement on Demand (DOD), Cylinder deactivation

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strangely enough, AFM or DOD (or whatever acronym they use) isn't an option on the GMT400. While many mechanics might be familiar with the system, a GMT800, 900, or GMTXX site would be a better forum for that info.
Just saying... it's kinda like asking for EcoBoost tuning on a Model T site...

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
INSTALL A SWAP 05 5.3 LH6. CHANGE THE LIFTERS AND VALLEY COVER DO NOT CHANGE THE CAM, THE QUESTION IS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THE CAM BECAUSE THE PISTONS WITH AFM DOES NOT WORK

Couldn't you have just dropped the whole thing in without modifying it, drop in the computer too, and just keep the MDS/DOD/AFM? Can't those be disabled with a tune anyway? Why do the pistons not work with AFM? Did you change them for aftermarket pistons (wrong aftermarket pistons)? Are you trying to frankenstein a bunch of GMT400 parts into a 5.3L? LOL

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strangely enough, AFM or DOD (or whatever acronym they use) isn't an option on the GMT400. While many mechanics might be familiar with the system, a GMT800, 900, or GMTXX site would be a better forum for that info.
Just saying... it's kinda like asking for EcoBoost tuning on a Model T site...
Funny thing is, if the question was at all legible he probably would get a decent answer.