Adding power windows to my LS Swapped OBS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tetfemal

Reaction score
I finally got my 1993 2wd RCSB OBS truck moving under it's own power and it's been sweet. I swapped a 5.3/NV4500 into it. My dash is cracked and I found two pretty nice uncracked dashboards at a local wreckyard. I've read Manual locks and windows to power conversion thread and wanted to know if I can use any power window power lock firewall harness from a 95+ OBS truck? Since my truck is a RCSB, I would imagine that it will be best if I use a harness from a RC or EC truck with factory power windows and locks.

Also does anyone know where I can get some interior paint in this color or what the color code is? I dont have the RPO codes in the glovebox

Attachments

• IMG_8597.jpg
    IMG_8597.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
  • A2BE39B0-B688-4FD0-854C-9BB36953FF4D.JPG
    A2BE39B0-B688-4FD0-854C-9BB36953FF4D.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8609.jpg
    IMG_8609.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8613.jpg
    IMG_8613.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8614.jpg
    IMG_8614.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 8

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got my 1993 2wd RCSB OBS truck moving under it's own power and it's been sweet. I swapped a 5.3/NV4500 into it. My dash is cracked and I found two pretty nice uncracked dashboards at a local wreckyard. I've read Manual locks and windows to power conversion thread and wanted to know if I can use any power window power lock firewall harness from a 95+ OBS truck? Since my truck is a RCSB, I would imagine that it will be best if I use a harness from a RC or EC truck with factory power windows and locks.

Also does anyone know where I can get some interior paint in this color or what the color code is? I dont have the RPO codes in the glovebox
LMC sells Colorbond in the appropriate color for these trucks. Also there is a thread about dying interior with some examples and brands

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Colorbond looks pretty legit.
I haven’t gotten to try it yet, I’m about to repair faded window trim on my Durango but I’ve been impressed with pictures and videos I’ve seen. I know a lot of the pros use SEM though. It all comes down to the prep, same as any kind of paint/dye

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used black Duplicolor Vinyl Paint, but I didn't like the factory blue, and I had pieces from a dozen different trucks. Black Duplicolor can be bought in any O'Reillys, for about half the price of SEM. So far it wears very well, except that if you use it to paint the carpet you'll have to reapply regularly.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Probably be an easier swap with a 88-94 harness.
Not sure on the fuse box end of things, but I do know that the switch side connectors are different.
There has been a member or two that have run the 95+ door panels in a 88-94 while maintaining the old style dash, but IIRC, it took them a bit.
Apparently the wire colors do not cross-over between styles. If you have the patience & the skills...
I've posted a pic of an interior done in this way, all in white, with newer style buckets & console modded for a shifter too. Very nicely done.
Maybe someone here's saved it. I can't find it anywhere. Search won't bring it up.
I like white interiors. As long as someone else owns it. Hate working on them. Could never own one.
Anyways...if you have access to the truck with later style harness, swapping to the door panels might be an option. Then the firewall connections would become the issue, if there is one. Be nice if it was plug & play.
Not a big fan of wiring stuff? :)wave:) Stay generation to generation