Adding Holley multi port HP EFI can my stock 1995 4l60e computer still control the transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
TBI does have tables for trans temp. I think you will want CTS to remain intact. Cruise control has tables that are maxed out, so non-issue.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you intend on having the Holley control the ignition timing?

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The transmission end of what you are wanting to do is much easier then it sounds. You will mainly just be leaving the engine stuff unplugged. Yes a bit more to it then that but not much especially if the TBI computer will still be controlling the distributor.

Captainfab

Reaction score
If you were to use the Holley Terminator X Max, that will control your fuel, ignition and trans. Just throwing that out there as an option that may be simpler?

Whittaker

Reaction score
If you were to use the Holley Terminator X Max, that will control your fuel, ignition and trans. Just throwing that out there as an option that may be simpler?
I have the Holley HP already it’s an older unit but fully programmable just no trans control.

My other option is a Holley Dominator EFI that was for a vehicle that I just sold. I had planned to use it to run a 4l80E in a 68 Suburban

just thinking what’s simplest

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without seeing TBI software I'm highly inclined to saying it's RPM, VSS, TPS, and maybe trans temp. Trans temp has a say in the Vortecs if they get too hot. RPM is used for WOT upshifts, VSS for part throttle on the Vortecs. Cruise control also dictates an alternate shift pattern in the Vortecs, but I have my doubts there for the TBI stuff.

TBI needs to see engine coolant temp to enable lockup. Needs to see MAP to adjust line pressure for varying Barometric pressure. Also uses the cruise signal on the white wire from the cruise module to the PCM to adjust shift points.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TBI does not have access to the trans temp as far as I know.

Clarification. I dont know if it does. But even if it does it would be through wiring that would remain intact even if you remove the stock FI system.
TBI reads trans temp through thermister mounted in the pressure switch in the valve body.