Adding Holley multi port HP EFI can my stock 1995 4l60e computer still control the transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whittaker

Reaction score
Adding an older Holley multi port HP EFI to my 406 in my 1995 K1500 can my stock computer still control the transmission? Or do I need a separate controller. It has a chip in it and I was fine with its shift points. The ECM and TBI just didn’t do it on the 406.

So the throttle position sensor and what else would the stock ECM need?

Whittaker

Reaction score
Maybe VSS too?

So I should run from the transmission VSS to the ecm? Then the TPS, RPM signal also to the ECM to keep it knowing what the engine is doing.

Thanks for the help,

now to find the wiring to keep and what not to use.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just recently got rid of my Fuel injection. I still use my stock computer to control the transmission. My trans is a 4l80 but your 60 needs fewer wires. My truck was originally a 4l60.

Will you still be using the stock ECM to control the distributor?

Whittaker

Reaction score
I just recently got rid of my Fuel injection. I still use my stock computer to control the transmission. My trans is a 4l80 but your 60 needs fewer wires. My truck was originally a 4l60.
Are you using a carb then with a remote TPS or one off your throttle shaft?

how did you wire it?

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also the stock ECM may need the temp sensor in the intake to remain intact. I kept it but opinion seems to vary as if it needs it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Without seeing TBI software I'm highly inclined to saying it's RPM, VSS, TPS, and maybe trans temp. Trans temp has a say in the Vortecs if they get too hot. RPM is used for WOT upshifts, VSS for part throttle on the Vortecs. Cruise control also dictates an alternate shift pattern in the Vortecs, but I have my doubts there for the TBI stuff.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without seeing TBI software I'm highly inclined to saying it's RPM, VSS, TPS, and maybe trans temp. Trans temp has a say in the Vortecs if they get too hot. RPM is used for WOT upshifts, VSS for part throttle on the Vortecs. Cruise control also dictates an alternate shift pattern in the Vortecs, but I have my doubts there for the TBI stuff.

TBI does not have access to the trans temp as far as I know.

Clarification. I dont know if it does. But even if it does it would be through wiring that would remain intact even if you remove the stock FI system.

Last edited: