adding bluetooth to the factory radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not just use a basic FM transmitter-style BT unit? I have one in my other car that cost maybe $15 on Amazon. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and it’s also a USB adapter so win-win. Sounds great and works just fine.

Mike

My wife just got one of these for her Envoy. I have not used the Bluetooth but she has and likes it. You have to touch the button on the device to use it, not as convenient as steering wheel controls on my 09.
We used it to listen to audio books thru the radio on the way to Alabama and it was perfect for that. She hooked her smartphone to it.
I plan to try it out for phone calls in my 89 soon.
It would be easy to add another power port under the dash to run it, leaving the cig lighter open for other things.

Reaction score
Why not just use a basic FM transmitter-style BT unit? I have one in my other car that cost maybe $15 on Amazon. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and it’s also a USB adapter so win-win. Sounds great and works just fine.

As another stated mostly because they don’t put out good quality and the volume is way lower.