Adding AUX Input to OBS Stock Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Thats why there are companies like PAC and Peripheral to build products to simply make a plug and play device.

But why pay that much for it if you can make your own for literally less then $2.00 and about 10-45mins worth of time.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the diagram for the slave CD or Tape.

Serial Data is needed to turn the AUX/Tape feature on.
That's why I said you needed to have the external CD player. Just put it an CD, then the jack will function just like you did it internally.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I dont think this will work if you do this on the external cd. The wires you cut in to inside the radio are the audio output wires from the CD that go directly to the internal amp.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hmmmm, think I'll try this on my work truck, it doesn't have the external cd option though. Probably won't work without testing and finding the inputs to amp. Oh well, it was a thought lol.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I beleive You can do it with the external cd. Keep a cd playing in it and use the brown/white & green/white wires.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
What about finding the wire that carries the signal telling the radio that the cd is playing, then running a switched setup that will trigger a signal to that wire when you plug something into the aux input?

Just a thought.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder how this can be done in the 1988-1994 models. I love the stock look of my AM/FM radio w/ graphic EQ and cassette, but I only get left channel sound out of the tape deck. I'm wondering if I can tap into the speaker outputs for the radio into the amp and essentially do the same thing.

Ideally, what I want is to be able to do that, and have a USB power plug hooked up as well, for iPhone charging. That 12V adapter makes way too much RF noise for me to listen to AM radio.