Add a toggle switch to get 2 low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it possible to add a switch so that when you shift into 4 low, you only have rear wheel drive? My truck has the manual floor shift transfer case.

2 low would be nice for moving our camper around the yard etc..

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure you can. Others have gone the route of the manual cable for the diff actuator to accomplish the same thing.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about the manual cable, but worry about ice/snow in the winter here. Sometimes that part of the truck is encased in ice for months at a time...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about the manual cable, but worry about ice/snow in the winter here. Sometimes that part of the truck is encased in ice for months at a time...

LOL, that's the reason some go to the cable in the first place. Do you have the early style thermal actuator or the later good style?

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I find that funny you said it like that. I never changed a thermal plunger (old style ) but have changed out many motorized plunger (new style )
LOL, that's the reason some go to the cable in the first place. Do you have the early style thermal actuator or the later good style?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I am wrong - but it seems like the cable (manual) operated type would get jammed from ice/snow?