Actuator upgrade help !!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucasgardner

Reaction score
So I want to upgrade to doorman actuator ( front dif ) on my 95. I have the actuator and I made my own wiring harness but I need the little spacer puck. Is there anywhere the sales the puck or does anybody know the dimensions so I could make one. Thanks In advance

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you checked with any of the " four wheel drive forums" ? Four Wheeler, Off Road?

Lucasgardner

Reaction score
Yes I have found nothing. It’s iced where I live and I really need 4 x 4. I have everything to make it work but the spacer. I wish someone would post the size of it so I could make it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
APPARENTLY, it's not real critical. Some guys drop a piece of PVC tubing, or a spare socket into the hole before attaching the actuator.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
.....does anybody know the dimensions so I could make one.....

I don't know much about the subject, but found this thread / post....

....which has a link for a wiring harness, at that link I read this here.

Q: Does anyone know the size of the steel slug used in this kit? I wanna make my own and save…
A: The dimensions are .7525" thick, 1.19" wide. These dimensions came from Dorman.

Not sure how reliable that info is or if that is even the part being discussed here.

:popcorn:

Best of luck.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m looking at the Dorman 600-490 with the harness for my 95. Has anyone else done this upgrade? How did it work out?

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Apparently the OP has been stuck in a ditch the last 14 months, since his desperate cry for HELP!!! went unanswered and he hasn't been seen since. ;)

On a side note: When I frequented the Tacoma forum, they have a forum rule that no posts with "HELP!!!" are allowed unless someone was currently stuck on the side of the road and needed immediate help. Otherwise, anything with HELP! in the title got deleted. Not a bad rule, since 99% of these kinds of posts get started by one-hit-wonder newbies...just like this one...