Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update Aug 2, 2022:

Well, today is full of nice surprises.

Carlos received eight headlights today, presumably "four pairs" of them. I'll ask him to confirm they're "lefts" and "rights".

We were never given a tracking number AFAIK, Carlos was as unaware as I of the headlight shipment. Yes, he placed the order back on 7/15, but no other information was received. Perhaps there was some confusion on account of the other order, the one for the taillights (which I posted here on July 16).

In any event, we've finally got some stock and can prepare them for shipping. Those of you who have been waiting, you will hear from me via PM or email shortly.

:)

Attachments

• Headlights #1 8.2.2022.jpg
    Headlights #1 8.2.2022.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 8

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update Aug 8, 2022:

The first pair of this latest batch of headlights was shipped to the US today at 5:04pm local time (Jacobina).

It's a good feeling when things are moving :)

Typical routing for the shipments goes like this:

- The package is posted with Correios, which is Brazil's counterpart to our USPS, by Carlos in his home town of Jacobina, BA

- From Jacobina, BA, it's routed first to Salvador
- From Salvador it's routed to Sao Paulo
- At Sao Paulo it's inspected by customs and released for export
- From Sao Paulo it travels by air to Miami

- In Miami, it's inspected by US customs and released to USPS
- USPS routes it to a servicing location near the destination
- The package is finally delivered to the destination US address

For each buyer, I pass along the tracking information so they can watch the progress themselves. I watch too, to make sure the shipment travels at a typical (or atypical) pace and advise the buyer of the status.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@bbroller, you contacted me back in July about getting a set of Arteb headlights.

If you DO or do NOT want a pair, please let me know.

I've got your name on the list, and if you want them I can get them to you in a couple weeks.

If not, I'll re-allocate them to someone who is waiting.

Thank you :)

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I get in on the wait list?

Yes you may.

Send me a PM with your residential shipping address if you wish, and I'll put you on the list.

Why residential? Carlos can’t ship to a commercial address as it may trigger export duty. We believe such a thing happened earlier this year and we had four (4) shipments turned-around at Sao Paulo (customs) and sent back, without refund of shipping fees. It Was Not Fun.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update Aug 10, 2022:

The first shipment was posted at Jacobina at 5:04pm local time on Aug 8.

Early this morning (Aug 10 05:00 local time) the shipment arrived at Sao Paulo and is awaiting inspection / customs.

THAT was fast!

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get to the US and then delivered. Some go quickly, some go... not so quickly.

Meanwhile, the next shipment goes out tomorrow (Thur Aug 11).

Carlos doesn't ship on back-to-back days and he doesn't ship more than one package at a time. This allows the customs guys to spend more time drinking coffee and less time wondering what all the packages are about.

Last edited:

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Yes you may.

Send me a PM with your residential shipping address if you wish, and I'll put you on the list.

Why residential? Carlos can’t ship to a commercial address as it may trigger export duty. We believe such a thing happened earlier this year and we had four (4) shipments turned-around at Sao Paulo (customs) and sent back, without refund of shipping fees. It Was Not Fun.
Would it ship to a PO Box or would it add export duty?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it ship to a PO Box or would it add export duty?

I can't say. I can ask Carlos to "ask" at the Correios desk, but I'm not sure how "post office box" translates into Portuguese and whether he (Carlos) or the person at Correios will completely understand and then provide the correct answer.

And customs may grumble, both in Brazil and the US. I suspect they like to keep tabs on traffic to spot irregularities. A hard address is just that. A PO box is a bit more nebulous.

I could have them ship it to *me*, and then I can forward (probably add another $23 to the cost)... but the question still remains, can one send a package such as this to a PO box:

3.3kg with dimensions 24 x 38 x 26cm

7.3# 10" x 15" x 10"

I wish there was a way to simply send it to a post office "for pickup". Some buyers have done this, effectively, because they weren't home to receive it (USPS requires a signature, and if nobody's home they leave a ticket indicating their attempt and with instructions for the recipient)... so they told the PO to hold it for pickup and then later did so. Maybe, just maybe, this is how USPS would handle delivery to a PO box... simply hold the package and stick a ticket in the box indicating "pick up at window".

If you've got some idea you want me to try, let me know. Every new experience is a learning experience.

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to go there anyway, so I can let you know what they think. If not, it’s fine. Just an idea I had.

If you're thinking getting a pair for yourself...

I get to Tomahawk every few months, so I could drop it with you if you happen to be anywhere nearby Tomahawk or I39.

PM me if you want to continue this discussion with details.

I also passed the idea along to Carlos. He'll be at the Correios office tomorrow to ship, and maybe he can get some information from them then.

Last edited: