Acquiring Arteb Brazil GMT400 headlight reflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard recently from one retailer that these parts have been discontinued. I have not verified this.

The latest Arteb catalog on-line, downloadable *today*, is their 2017/2018 catalog (http://www.arteb.com.br/catalogo.asp) and it shows them.

This is all I know.

I just acquired a number of these and the manufacturing date code shows they're recent (attached).

Attachments

• Arteb date code.jpg
    Arteb date code.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Arteb GMT400.jpg
    Arteb GMT400.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 54

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm from Argentina. Just keep in mind that Arteb headlights have the parking light in the upper headlight instead of being in the turn light (the one at the bottom).

Not a deal breaker, but some modification is required.

These reflectors are plug-and-play, using the HB3 (high) and HB4 (low) bulbs.

There is a "city light" fixture built into the reflector, should someone wish to enable it, but it's not needed and nobody would ever notice if it wasn't connected. I would expect one to put a clear bulb in this fixture and have it illuminate with the parking lights... but that's just me.

Attachments

• City light - fixture.jpg
    City light - fixture.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 31
  • City light - connector.jpg
    City light - connector.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What are the advantages of these?

In a nut shell, they're closer to a Euro spec light which are better than our US spec lights. I'm still contemplating getting a pair, but I'm not driving my truck much, and I just purchased a set of TYC's that I have yet to install.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are from 1997-2002. Do you know if there are some available for a 1991 ? Thanks

Just by looking at them you can tell...

If they look like what you got, then they'll fit.

They were only used in Brazil for 1997-2002 (reportedly) but they should replace any composite reflector used on the GMT400s here in the US. I have, however, not confirmed this.

There are at least four of us on GMT400 that have these. I can attest that they fit my 1998 Suburban. I would have to check with the other guys to see their model year.

Attachments

• Right side Arteb.jpg
    Right side Arteb.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Left side Arteb.jpg
    Left side Arteb.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Right side showing bracket.jpg
    Right side showing bracket.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: