ACDelco 2173029 v. ACDelco 19210687

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the two fuel injectors??? It's come time for me to replace my original poppet style (FPR failing, getting fuel pressure bleed-off, weird idle, lack of power, horrible MPG, etc.) and aside from the price, I can't find any difference between them. It seems like the 19210687 (released in 2017) is a newer version of the 2173029 (released in 2010) but no distinguishable improvements to the new version? Any guesses?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the two fuel injectors??? It's come time for me to replace my original poppet style (FPR failing, getting fuel pressure bleed-off, weird idle, lack of power, horrible MPG, etc.) and aside from the price, I can't find any difference between them. It seems like the 19210687 (released in 2017) is a newer version of the 2173029 (released in 2010) but no distinguishable improvements to the new version? Any guesses?
One is for the 4.3l V6, the other is for the 5.0l and 5.7l V8s...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Curt

Reaction score
One is for the 4.3l V6, the other is for the 5.0l and 5.7l V8s...

Are you sure? RockAuto's catalog says both work with the 5.7 V8 and Amazon reviews say the same. Both part numbers picture 8 injectors as well, so that'd be interesting if one was for the 6 cyl. Do you know which is for the 5.7, I'm assuming the 2173245?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure? RockAuto's catalog says both work with the 5.7 V8 and Amazon reviews say the same. Both part numbers picture 8 injectors as well, so that'd be interesting if one was for the 6 cyl. Do you know which is for the 5.7, I'm assuming the 2173245?
Sorry, you're right, google turned up a set for the 4.3l. I didn't double check it was the same part number. Looks like the pins are different (pin vs blade). That's the only distinguishable difference I see.

Curt

Reaction score
Sorry, you're right, google turned up a set for the 4.3l. I didn't double check it was the same part number. Looks like the pins are different (pin vs blade). That's the only distinguishable difference I see.

No worries, thanks for verifying. I didn't notice the pin connector difference, good eye. Although, I did notice that the newer version (19210687)
has a service bulletin attached to it with a certain procedure for installation. I know that other forum members have had great success with the older version of it (2173245) with no specific instructions, I wonder if the only difference for $100+ is a different electrical connector? Hmm...

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No worries, thanks for verifying. I didn't notice the pin connector difference, good eye. Although, I did notice that the newer version (19210687)
has a service bulletin attached to it with a certain procedure for installation. I know that other forum members have had great success with the older version of it (2173245) with no specific instructions, I wonder if the only difference for $100+ is a different electrical connector? Hmm...
Is your truck stock mechanically?

Curt

Reaction score
Is your truck stock mechanically?

Yeah, mechanically stock. I'm like 90% certain I'm overthinking this but I'd rather have the better part in the truck the first time around haha.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, mechanically stock. I'm like 90% certain I'm overthinking this but I'd rather have the better part in the truck the first time around haha.
Either should be better than stock. I'd personally go with the one without the service bulletin

Curt

Reaction score
Either should be better than stock. I'd personally go with the one without the service bulletin

My thoughts exactly. Just found the difference between them in the bulletin as well. Sounds like the new ones come with certain things to test that the fuel injectors and FPR are in 100% working order. Things like a regulator and meter to verify assembly when hooked up to a pressure tank. Sounds like the newer one is great for a dealer, but I'll stick to the tested and true variant. Thanks for the help @RawbDidIt.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Just found the difference between them in the bulletin as well. Sounds like the new ones come with certain things to test that the fuel injectors and FPR are in 100% working order. Things like a regulator and meter to verify assembly when hooked up to a pressure tank. Sounds like the newer one is great for a dealer, but I'll stick to the tested and true variant. Thanks for the help @RawbDidIt.
Yeah, the dealer isn't likely to work on a truck that old anyway. I've got to go 20 miles to get a dealer to take a look at my 05 tahoe lol