ac wiring 1997 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No AC demand signal getting to the ECM. Glad you found the problem.

MrRedBailey

Reaction score
I’m having this same problem, but only when I leave the truck sit in the Florida sun all day. The cabin and underhood temps get up to 130° and the ac won’t kick on. If I keep the truck in the garage, it works fine all day. If I ground the coil on the ac relay, it kicks on.
I’ll be troubleshooting it in the next few days with this information and I’ll report back.

MrRedBailey

Reaction score
What are your A/C system pressure readings?
175-225 and 25-45.

I recently rebuilt the system. I disturbed those wires, which are going to be old and brittle.

The truck was an Ohio truck its whole life until recently. So this could’ve been a problem for a long time just waiting for the right opportunity.

Last edited:

MrRedBailey

Reaction score
Well, I think I found my problem, after troubleshooting everything, it came back to the controller. I saw a pic somewhere of the ribbon cable broken and sure enough, mine appeared to be broken too. I soldered a small wire and it works again.

You must be registered for see images attach