AC Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found my leak.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think it's the only one. I checked everything I could get to.
Is there a way to replace it without venting the system? I didn't think so but I read something about some fancy little tool that ac shops use. Still don't really get how that'd work though.
Nope, no way with out doing an evac or vent to air..... the shop uses a a/c evac tool. It vacuums all the Freon out into a 20lbs or 30lbs tank. Along with most of the oil, via a separator. Then when repair has been made it goes back in with the correct amount of oil and Freon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to get the valve to stop leaking by tightening it. It leaked wayyyyy down.
Charged it back up yesterday and it's working pretty good again. Checked the valve for a leak yesterday and today and it seems to be holding. We'll see if it stays that way. If it starts leaking again I might just have to find a brass cap or something that I can put on there and tighten down good. I don't feel like messing with it.