AC Compressor Pressure Switch Bypass(ed?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah... fix that. Usually the culprit of A/C not working is the clutch cycling switch receiver dryer... I think its called that. The big can thing on the passenger side by the firewall :) I keep a spare in my center console.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I replace that part easily? Or does the system need to be emptied then charged up again? Looks like the sensor is a clip ring install, not sure if there was a Schrader valve like on the low pressure side.
Yep, you heave to evacuate the system, then remove the internal snap ring to get the HP switch out. Sometimes it doesn't wanna come out so, you can disconnect the A/C lines to the compressor and apply compressed air CAREFULLY, to blow it out.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, you heave to evacuate the system, then remove the internal snap ring to get the HP switch out. Sometimes it doesn't wanna come out so, you can disconnect the A/C lines to the compressor and apply compressed air CAREFULLY, to blow it out.
To clarify a little more.. usually takes some wiggling, and the only part you have to grip on is plastic, which is brittle from age/heat by now. So wiggle carefully. Also the color of the plastic is a code for the pressure range it operates in, and the replacement switch is chosen by that color. The replacements generally are a different color code but have a little chart in the box that gives you the crossover information.

Richard

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
System must be empty, unfortunately. It holds pressure behind it (so it knows to cut off the compressor with sky high pressures).