AC blowing out of the wrong vents now >:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My ac vents are acting up, when I put the controls on face with max cool and recirculate, the air actually blows out hard and cold but it blows through the floor vents.

To get the air to blow through the face vents I have to turn off both max and recirculate but now the air comes out weaker and not as cold.
I know there are a few actuators but does anybody know specifically which one would be causing this issue?

I can select feet and the air does comes out through the bottom, I can select defrost and the air comes out of the top but I just cannot make Max come out of the face vents even though they do work but only after turning off max and recirculate. Strange ...:banghead:

Did they actuators change sequence and now are working backwards or something? Any ideas? thanks!

Last edited:

Grimpala

Reaction score
I'm having almost the same exact issue, have you had any luck?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the actuator responds correctly on the non-recirc setting, then the actuator should be fine.

The air door actuator (by the gas pedal) will have three wires in the connector. One is signal (from the panel) one is battery voltage and one is ground. Unplug the actuator connector and see how the signal wire voltage changes when pushing recirc or selecting the MAX detent. I forget which is which, but only one will change in voltage when the dash vent selector dial is turned.

If it starts changing voltage when recirc or MAX are selected, then it sounds like a panel issue.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm having almost the same exact issue, have you had any luck?
No Luck at all. I've just been using my windshield sun deflector to bounce the air out of the floor vents up to my face out of desperation.

hekg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the actuator responds correctly on the non-recirc setting, then the actuator should be fine.

The air door actuator (by the gas pedal) will have three wires in the connector. One is signal (from the panel) one is battery voltage and one is ground. Unplug the actuator connector and see how the signal wire voltage changes when pushing recirc or selecting the MAX detent. I forget which is which, but only one will change in voltage when the dash vent selector dial is turned.

If it starts changing voltage when recirc or MAX are selected, then it sounds like a panel issue.

Thanks I hadn't thought about the panel being the problem and I actually replaced the panel less than a year ago. I still have my old one so I can swap it out and test it that way and report back.