ABS removal/proportioning valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need to replace a front brake line in my 96 Yukon. I want to remove the ABS, but not sure if I can use a simple T or if I need a proportioning valve?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can't see your location on my phone. I removed ABS on my 98, just used junkyard lines and prop from a TBI truck. Since that swap also involves RWAL delete, you will need 1 adapter fitting for the rear channel. I forget the part number, but it's a super easy swap and I've never regretted it. There is such a thing as good ABS, but these trucks never got it. The rear line setup is super easy, there's a union below the firewall. Everything behind that is the same between the old/new trucks.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I do need the prop valve. Gonna try n go to the junkyard n grab some. Rear line will be simple, since it is only 1 line. Plus read the post and lists the part #. I hate ABS entirely, my 08 tundra has it and still hate it. Luckily have a bad rear wheel sensor so no ABS, traction control or stability control, so can drive it like n older truck lol...

qwikgta

Reaction score
Did this also. used Junkyard parts. Went with a 06 burban valve, it has two in, two out for disc/disc setup. Then swapped to 88-94 front brake lines, they are two into one w/ a "T". So that makes two lines coming out of the MC into the prop valve, then out to the front/rear lines. Only had to bend the stock F/R lines so that they lined up with the prop valve. Only needed one adapter, it was to convert the 3/8 stock line to 1/2 for the prop valve.