ABS light / Parking brake on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
93 does not have 4Wheel ABS so no front hub sensors.
Good point. Didn't think about that.
So if I’m reading that right ; the CEL will blink 13-66 times.. & however many times it blinks that’s the code?
It will flash each code 3 times. Code 12 essentially means the system is functioning.
The cel will flash once, pause, flash twice, pause, flash once, pause flash twice, pause, flash once, pause, flash twice, pause. It repeats the pattern for each code stored.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Good point. Didn't think about that.

It will flash each code 3 times. Code 12 essentially means the system is functioning.
The cel will flash once, pause, flash twice, pause, flash once, pause flash twice, pause, flash once, pause, flash twice, pause. It repeats the pattern for each code stored.

That is not for RWAL codes. That is for ECM/PCM codes. The 12 code is flashed on the SES/CEL light. The RWAL codes are flashed on the Brake warning light

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
That is not for RWAL codes. That is for ECM/PCM codes. The 12 code is flashed on the SES/CEL light. The RWAL codes are flashed on the Brake warning light

X2. The code reader that flashes the check engine light crosses different terminals than the RWAL brake light. You may need to disconnect the battery afterwards. Mine kept blinking even after I removed the paper clip

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2. The code reader that flashes the check engine light crosses different terminals than the RWAL brake light. You may need to disconnect the battery afterwards. Mine kept blinking even after I removed the paper clip

I learned something today. So A + H for RWAL codes and A + B for PCM codes on the pre-'96 trucks then?

noahmc88

Reaction score
Can someone explain counting the blinks to come up with the code ?

When you insert the paperclip into A and B, the cel will flash once, then twice more (12) and do that 3 times. Then after that it will flash any codes three times in a row and proceed to the next one. For example, code 23 would be "blink blink.. blink blink blink..." The code meaning can be found on the internet or in the obs haynes manual

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im doing a & h ; i dont have a CEL present. Is it same sequence for blinks

When you insert the paperclip into A and B, the cel will flash once, then twice more (12) and do that 3 times. Then after that it will flash any codes three times in a row and proceed to the next one. For example, code 23 would be "blink blink.. blink blink blink..." The code meaning can be found on the internet or in the obs haynes manual

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I learned something today. So A + H for RWAL codes and A + B for PCM codes on the pre-'96 trucks then?

I dont remember the specific terminals but it is separate ones for CEL and RWAL.