A tire question for duallyscene people

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks so good, perfect stance for a static imo. Wish mine was that low.
It does look awesome but he said it scraped everywhere an was at times difficult to daily but our roads are also trash around here. He has a bunch of vehicles though an recently put it up for sale.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
It does look awesome but he said it scraped everywhere an was at times difficult to daily but our roads are also trash around here. He has a bunch of vehicles though an recently put it up for sale.
I thought I seen that one on FB Marketplace

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Massive multi-quoting inbound.. lol

I would consider 215/85/r16 10ply within a fraction of 225/75 or 245/70 for height but narower and a real truck tire likely fit without fender lip mod or less mod needed
Thanks for the suggestions; I'll check those out.

I ran bfg commercial t/a on mine but I can’t remember the size. It was lowered 4/6 ish.
Yep, that's the tire I'm planning on. I also put them on the front of the '58 but hadn't put many miles on them before dumping it due to the 6.5td

On tirerack.com you can find specs that include width and overall height if it would help to decide.

I bought mine with 245/75/16 already installed on front and the rear outers. I need to replace the mismatched rear inners and have been kicking around finding something a bit narrower for the front because they will rub when turning into certain drives-mostly passenger side, and the fender lips have been cut.
For sure, I'm always in Tire Rack's specs lists for the various sizes available in a given tire model. So you're saying 245/75/16 is a bit wide for the front in your case, good to know.

I have the 225/75/16 on mine in preparation for the drop. Hoping it winds up about a 5/7.

This truck here has the 225/75 on the rear but it had car tires on the front. It's like a 6/8 if not more though. I don't want to be that low static so i figured I'd be good with the same size all around.
Car tires on anything heavy just freaks me out. I couldn't stand P tires on a 1500 Suburban; I can't imagine them on a crew cab dually. Any big 1500/2500LD truck at least needs XL-rated tires, and 2500/3500's really need something suited for the gvwr. I'll probably never do any heavy towing with this truck as it'll just be a toy, but since the possibility is there, why risk it with tires not up to the job?

That looks so good, perfect stance for a static imo. Wish mine was that low.
You can do it.. it's just money, parts, and labor. :) Do it!!

Richard