A Southern Yankee’s first truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all! I’m Trevor, I live in North Carolina and I’m originally from Boston Mass. Lived there from birth until I was 18 and I moved south. After 6 months of searching for a 4th gen GM pickup I finally found “the one”. It’s a 1990 Chevrolet k1500 straight drive, single cab short box. It has minimal rust and plenty of problems but it runs and drives. Took it home for $1000. The past 6 months I’ve been on here frequently looking through all the troubleshooting threads trying to learn everything I can about these trucks. I’ve always had a soft spot for 90s GMs.

I’d like to get the truck running smoothly to make it a fun weekend truck for my wife & I. Hopefully it’ll stay with us for a very long time. I’ll start a thread so I can catalog the growth of my truck.

I daily drive a 2016 Subaru Impreza sport, I’ve had subarus for over 10 years. We also have a 2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ.

I look forward to the days to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! Glad you're blessed and in the South now, we'll try not to hold that being a "Yankee" against you! Lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk