A few questions (Seats/Radio/CD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, here we go.

My truck has this lame leather benchseat in both front and back. I like them, but it doesn't provide much room in the back. It's like the size of an S-10 back there. I want to know if it's possible to take power leather heated seats from like a Tahoe or Yukon and install them and have the features. My seats are manual and what really annoys me is that the driver's seat and middle part is all one piece, so if I move my seat forward or back, the whole thing moves and it's heavy as all get out. If I can install captain's chairs, it's be a little bit easier to get in the backseat, it being only a 2 door.

That leads me to my second question. When I get stuff from an Escalade, I'm planning on snatching the 6 disc CD changer. Only thing is, I'm worried that it's only compatible with the Bose theftlock radio, in which I don't have. I would get one but I don't have the Bose sound system and I don't want to install that. I don't want any sketchy wiring in my truck. Would the 6 Disc changer be compatible with the normal radio I have? And if I need the Bose one, does the speakers in the doors and stuff need to be changed as well?

That's all the questions I have. Trying to upgrade my truck as much as possible. It's came a long way, I have a mirror with compass and temp ready to install in it, I installed CD in it, I have an overhead console in it, and Clifford is looking really nice! I'm trying to get the truck in darn near new condition. Thanks guys!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure as I've never dealt with the specific Bose system that some of these trucks got, but I have worked with a bunch of them in different vehicles over the years and as a general rule nothing in them is ever compatible with non-Bose systems. They use a different factory amplifier than the regular systems, and therefore are wired differently and send wonky signals compared to a traditional setup. Some of them even had amplifiers built into the individual speakers, although I'm pretty sure the ones in these trucks use a central amp under the center console.

If the Bose CD changer works with the non-Bose head unit, I would be amazed.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to have the Bose sound system, but I dont want to rewire anything and since the system was only made for SUV models, it wouldn't really fit in my truck. I don't know how the CD changer hooks up to the radio, but I really doubt there's a slot for it in the original one. Man :/