A couple hiccups can’t figure out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevenB

Reaction score
Found a Delphi that’s 30 psi think I’ll throw in, poor truck is starving! Lol ‍♂️

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Iv got a 95 2500 454 with 230,000 miles on it, Iv put in new tps, map sensor, idle air control valve, rebuilt tbi, temp sensors, plugs, wires, cap rotor, coil, fuel pump, fuel filter. Runs good injectors spray fine but after start up will stumble and die about midway between cold and operating temp and does same when put into reverse but if you feather the throttle it’ll pull out of it. Doesn’t do it when it’s completely warmed up. Another thing is while driving if given a lot of throttle it back fires in the intake kinda sluggish does just fine putting around though. I was thinking of throwing new distributor in cause I’m pretty sure this is the original one in it and it’s kinda crusty inside. It’s only had a check engine light once and the tps and map replacement fixed that, Thoughts? Thanks.
I could be way off course but my wife's '94 S10 Blazer 4.3 had the same problem as you describe. A friend that works on these regularly said that carbon buildup under the egr valve will chip off and get under the egr valve and not allow it to close properly. it's almost impossible to clean it out but you might try. Different engines but the same problem. The fix for the S10 was a new E-Prom that GM developed to cycle the egr rapidly so as to shake loose some of the carbon. I think he found the last one in the country for the S10. You might want to just check and see.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pressure regulator regulates the pressure. The fuel pump does not regulate the pressure.

It'll be fine. I have a "high pressure" (40-something psi) EP241 pump in my TBI truck, has been there for years. The '241 was the supposed "hot rod" pump promoted on another forum at that time.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can still get the EP377 pump that is correct for your truck.