Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those ac pro gauges really do suck.
I would also check the air gap on the clutch with a feeler gauge.
check it in a few places around the clutch.
They are real picky about that gap being just right.
It takes a special tool to adjust them but I think autozone or maybe oriellys has them as a loaner tool.

DeputyPelican

Reaction score
Welp, it was the probably the gauge sold with A/C Pro. Checked the pressure with actual gauges and the freon was low like originally thought. After adding some freon it now blows colder than some of my ex's hearts and (hopefully) will last longer than they did.

Thank you to everyone who commented and helped!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welp, it was the probably the gauge sold with A/C Pro. Checked the pressure with actual gauges and the freon was low like originally thought. After adding some freon it now blows colder than some of my ex's hearts and (hopefully) will last longer than they did.

Thank you to everyone who commented and helped!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Ha! that made my day...
I have enough exes to run the Kentucky Derby
Some pretty good mudders in there too.
Ive lost count because I'm afraid that saying all of their names will summon the ant-christ
Congrats on the ac fix
Thats awesome
Go forth and stay chilled out

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can put your gauges on it and warm it up until it starts acting up on you. See if your low side goes below ~25PSI before the compressor clutch releases. If it does you don't have enough Freon. If it shuts off at a higher pressure, on the low side, your clutch may be slipping. If your high side goes over somewhere ~430 (depending on your HP switch's configuration) you may have a blockage in the system, probably the orifice tube's screen. If that's the case, it's time to flush the entire system, start over with new parts and evacuation.

Edit: good to hear you got it fixed! I was about 6 posts behind when I wrote this :cheers:

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can any of you guys recommend a table that shows what our pressures should be (vs temp/humidity)? I’ve seen several online, but they seem to vary a good bit on the low side.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
The clicking off and on is what happens when it is overcharged.
The gurgling you hear may just be a stuck thermostat.

"Also, I don't think it's relevant but worth mentioning I'm fairly certain the heater core is beginning to fail due to the gurgling sounds coming from the glovebox area, and the truck unexplainably overheating a few months back after a short road trip." (From original posters first entry.)

Just passing this on as the sentence above from the first post could be an indication of a blown head gasket after that overheat. You might be hearing bubbling into the coolant recovery tank if it happens right after shutdown. That's what led me to my blown HG. If your temp. gauge is rock steady now, ignore my warning. Mine fluctuated a lot a highway speeds when the gasket was bad.