A/C condensor and lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1990 GMC Sierra 5.7L I’m having a hard time figuring out which condensor and lines I’m needing. There are two different styles for that year so I’m just seeing if I could get some help trying to figure this out. And a lot of places I call don’t know and don’t have anything in stock

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had problems even finding the lines for my 88 which was r12 system like yours is. I had to buy everything for a 94 which is a 134 system but all that stuff was readily available. Now I'm not saying your gonna have to do that its just what I did for convience.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate it, yeah I have a brand new delco compressor and a couple other things. I was just going to replace everything but didn’t think it would be that difficult. And my year has a 1st and 2nd generation of **** so I get mixed up on what I need. Listing of parts online is tricky too, doesn’t make the most sense just trying to see if anyone had any knowledge on it.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think the main difference is the location of the o-tube. earlier gen the o-tube slid in the condenser outlet line and later has the o-tube in the condenser. You can tell on your existing condenser if the lower line off the condenser is angled out to accept the o-tube. On the earlier ones, the condenser had two sharp bends on the inlet and outlet where you couldn't get an o-tube in there. My 1990 has the later version with the o-tube in the condenser outlet.