A/C compressor short cycling, a bit of advise please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Do you know who makes this extractor?
I think back in the day it was OTC or Lisle, but not sure who makes them now. It wasn't something we sold a lot of, but we did sell enough that I know it existed. We sold mainly Murray and Four Seasons HVAC parts at our store, besides some AC Delco parts, but this was in the 70s and 80s.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that line is about two feet long, easily removable with the flare for the orifice tube in the front end. Am I thinking of a different vehicle?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
On a positive note I called my supply house and ordered another condenser and the manager is going to warranty the one with a stuck orifice tube.:waytogo:

Any thoughts on dimpling the tube on the new unit to prevent the new orifice tube from repeating this nonsense

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the relocated orifice tube a cause, or a result, of the high system pressure?

The first time this happened, I figured the orifice tube slid out of position, and that caused high pressure. Now I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking that high system pressure is shoving the orifice tube out-of-position. Fix the system pressure, the orifice tube will stay where it's supposed to.

But I've been wrong before.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the relocated orifice tube a cause, or a result, of the high system pressure?

The first time this happened, I figured the orifice tube slid out of position, and that caused high pressure. Now I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking that high system pressure is shoving the orifice tube out-of-position. Fix the system pressure, the orifice tube will stay where it's supposed to.

But I've been wrong before.
Orifice tube installed in the wrong fitting on the condenser maybe? Flow should be trying to push the orifice tube into the liquid line, not into the condenser. If the orifice tube was mistakingly installed in the discharge line from the compressor ahead of the condenser that would explain the high system pressure as well as that pressure shoving the orifice tube into the condenser.