A/C compressor pressure switch help!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 K2500 with 454. The previous owner deleted the A/C system. Now I'm trying to put the A/C back in. What is the correct sensor? High or low? What psi? It goes to this connector on the back of the a/c compressor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Busted Knuckle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your is a new design from what I'm familiar with. The "old" system has 3 pressure sensors. One at the comp, one at the condenser, and one at the accumulator/drier.

I took a look and can't find your part numbers from my usual sources. Try going to Amazon and entering your vehicle and search terms. Most of my parts in this class come from rockauto.com or Amazon. Should it be the same, the 1995 version of that switch is Four Seasons 20058

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 97 k1500 with 350 has a low pressure switch on the back of the compressor. I can pop a picture of it at lunch for you tomorrow to confirm for you.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense. The only switch I can get that looks correct is high pressure at like 210psi. Some other people say high pressure cutoff. I don't know why this is so hard to figure out.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be different from the 350, though GM is so hell bent on interchangeable parts (mostly for the better, but they take it to a fault in many cases) that it's doubtful...

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are three...the cycling switch is on the accumulator, the compressor pressure switch is on the hose manifold and the high pressure cutoff
switch is on the back of the compressor. Here’s a few parts from the manual, maybe it will help:

GM part number for high pressure switch:

Not sure which ones your 454 uses, but my 98 350 used these:

Cycling switch (accumulator):

Compressor pressure switch (on hose manifold at the high/low refrigerant ports):

High pressure cutoff switch (at back of compressor):

Last edited:

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks I believe I got the right one then. I got a blue high pressure cutoff switch.

BulldogSS

Reaction score
Just a heads up. I recently helped a buddy swap out that same switch. Swapped it and ac was cycling every few seconds. Long story short the brand new switch was faulty. I don’t remember the brand but he picked it up at advance auto.

SNOMAN

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one I got has 2 year warranty. If it goes then I'll switch it for an AC Delco. My brother works at a Chevy Dealership so I can get a recharge for free.