9C1 cam with stock TBI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackdeathmessenger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, that .bin is for a 5.7L, 700R4 trans so, it MAY not be a source of your issue.
I had a feeling you were going to say that. I vaguely recall doing some research years ago to see what to look for if swapping in a newer ecm. I did also price out a new ecm, but you have to swap the memcal and prom chips over. I wasn't sure about doing that since I've had these issues. There was a bulletin I found when I priced the new ecu. What are your thoughts on what the bulletin says?

Attachments

• 20221003_214200.jpg
    20221003_214200.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 14

blackdeathmessenger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, decided to physically check the idle air control valve.... I'm glad I did. I found a new failure I've never seen before

Attachments

• 20221003_215453.jpg
    20221003_215453.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 16

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling you were going to say that. I vaguely recall doing some research years ago to see what to look for if swapping in a newer ecm. I did also price out a new ecm, but you have to swap the memcal and prom chips over. I wasn't sure about doing that since I've had these issues. There was a bulletin I found when I priced the new ecu. What are your thoughts on what the bulletin says?
What in the ECM fails when this happens?

blackdeathmessenger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, what's that?

IDK, if the ECM is bad would it still flash the SES light once and then stay on steady with KOEO?
Quad driver?

I have no idea either, unfortunately. While replacing the IAC valve did help, still having some issues. The warm start is sometimes just like it was before I replaced the IAC - very low, have to rev it to idle "normal" and now if I'm at a steady speed on the highway, the check engine light comes on and stays on as long as I'm holding steady speed. If I speed up or slow down, it turns off. When I get to work in a couple hours I'll check what codes come up