99 Vortec 454 injector harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8T7K5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm replacing a broken injector connector on my 99 big block and found what looks like corrosion on the wires, pretty sure that's not some kind of insulation. Assuming it's like that through the whole harness, especially given how old and brittle/stiff the wires feel, could that corrosion cause my misfires? I'll be replacing the harness as soon as I can find one.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Replace that garbage! You may still have a problem, but if you don't fix things like along the way, you'll never get it running right.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That does look pretty crummy. Aren't the injector connectors part of the main harness? Maybe it's different on the 7.4. You may to go back to good copper wire, properly solder and heat shrink it.

Where has the truck lived? Maybe in a really moist environment that will happen?

Last edited:

8T7K5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That does look pretty crummy. Aren't the injector connectors part of the main harness? Maybe it's different on the 7.4. You may to go bad to good copper wire, properly solder and heat shrink it.

Where has the truck lived? Maybe in a really moist environment that will happen?

Truck came from north Louisiana, not really what I'd consider overly wet. Got a new harness on the way, $65 from GM.