99 tahoe 383 0411 swap no crank position signal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello I've done an 0411 swap on my 99 tahoe using the 02 express van cal and for the life of me I can not get crank position sensor signal, I've measured the air gap which is 0.28", tried 3 different sensors tested the wiring and even changed the wire from the sensor connector to the pcm pins and still no signal. Need help because I'm desperately trying to get this truck to run

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello I've done an 0411 swap on my 99 tahoe using the 02 express van cal and for the life of me I can not get crank position sensor signal, I've measured the air gap which is 0.28", tried 3 different sensors tested the wiring and even changed the wire from the sensor connector to the pcm pins and still no signal. Need help because I'm desperately trying to get this truck to run
How was the PCM flashed?

chevyracer8262

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found my problem it the crank position airgap I had to machine 0.010" off the sensor mounting flange to allow it to sit deeper into the mounting bore because the block has been line bored which threw the airgap out of tolerance, after installing the sensor after modification the engine fired right up, thanks for the comments 9n what it could be