99 Tahoe 2DR 2WD Fuel Tank Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will soon be doing the Vortec CSFI to MPFI conversion on my 1999 Tahoe 2DR 2WD. Since I am doing the conversion, I am thinking about changing the fuel tank because of the unsightly way the tanks on these trucks hang down when installing a roll pan (it will also help immensely with ground clearance issues).

I have seen on several different forums that the 1983–1994 S-10 Blazer fuel tank swaps in by modifying the original fuel tank straps. Has anyone done this? If so, I need a few questions answered before I begin the project.

1. Which fuel tank do I use? The 20-gallon tank or the 13.2-gallon tank? Both are listed as with or without pan in tank?

2. Do I install the S-10 Blazer fuel pump? Will it provide enough fuel to a slightly built 5.7 Vortec?

Fabricating the factory tank straps seems pretty straight forward and don’t really see any problems there just need to know where to get started and any problems that I might encounter!

Thank for your time!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd be interested as well. I have a 4 door, has the tank on the side. But want to put one in the back where the spare goes. I plan on a healthy motor and its easier and looks nicer with true duals. But I have to say I've ever heard of the S-10 tank before, but can't see why it wouldn't work. As for the pump, you would need the one for your fuel system, stock one should go on, but not 100%. following tho...