99 suburban pass window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killerc998

Reaction score
Go a 99 burb that the window motor has been replaced, window seal replaced, window channels lubed. I have even ran my own wiring to test. Everytime you roll the window down it works gets about half way slows then goes down. On the way up at the same spot up it will just stop moving, you have to press out on the top of the window to get it to move. Window also angles forward when going up. Something is causing a bind and I can't find it. Any suggestion or ideas?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Could be some of the linkage inside the door is binding up. How well does the door handle work?
I have a similar issue with one door on my Burb. Just ordered a set of the inside door handles for it. Two of the doors, I know this is the problem. The handles are cheap enough that I'm going to replace all four since they're original. Might fix other problems too if replaced.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you've replaced everything except the regulator. Regulators can get sloppy and allow the glass to move around as it goes up and down and bind.

Killerc998

Reaction score
Ya cept it was the motor with the regulator. Im kinda scratching my head. Might have to pull inner door panel off and recheck all things metal to check for bends.

Killerc998

Reaction score
Pulled door apart again, recleaned/lubed. I think the window channel is tweaked. When i got the burb it had a non powered mirror, and broken glass in the door. Im thinking it got hit/hit something at thr mirror and it tweaked the channel just enough to cause binding. You can lift the window by hand when disconnected from regulator and when it gets to the mirror it sticks/gets stuck. Tried to spread channel, bend in to shape, twist it a little. Nothing i did worked. Time to find a red door now.

Killerc998

Reaction score
Changed door out, window works like a dream. Also old door would let a little water seep in between top of door and door seal. New one seals up tight.