'99 Suburban Overland Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since getting my Dads truck, I decided to turn the corner on my build. I'm going back to the full overland plan. Safari rack will go back on. I removed the front bumper and light bar and put the winch bumper that my son started to build in high school shop class on it. While I had the front off, I did the 4 light mod, but a little different rendition. I have the low beam power relayed from the battery, but triggered by a key on circuit so they will also be my DRL's. High beams are also now relayed battery power. I plan to use the old low beam circuit later to add additional lights in the bumper. The winch mount is made from some old F250 frame I had in the back 40 and mounted in place of the tow hooks. I will mount the hooks on the underside of the winch mount. I need to cut the ends of the bumper and cap it, and finish off the bottom edge for some add strength. I mounted the winch relay up under the ECM to keep it out of the dust and mud.

You must be registered for see images attach

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made my own bumper dumper.

The wife isn’t too keen on squattin’ over a tree or hiding behind some sagebrush.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Aw man, didn't think you'd sell it. I hope you have good luck selling it! :waytogo: When it's sold, are you going to get a GMT400 dually or step up to the GMT800?

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As much as I like the 400's, with a gross weight of 20K, I think I'll be much better off with a strong diesel. Pre Obama juice (DEF) Duramax is what I'm looking for. First I have to get my wife in that trailer and convince her that it is worth selling the house for while we are still young enough to travel and enjoy the retired days. 15 years from now we can stop the nomad lifestyle and buy a nice little cottage on a hillside somewhere and grow old there. I'm halfway there. I think when she gets in it and sees how much nicer it is than our house is now, she will be onboard.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a fun thread to follow. Good luck with the sale, hope she goes to a good home.