99 Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vjcamp

Reaction score
Those auto dimming lights are PITA around here to find. My burb has em an I replaced one the other year after the dealer told me it was 600 I tried lkq an got it for 100 but now the same one is acting up agian.

You can get an aftermarket EGR gasket that has a small screen mesh, keeps out the pieces of carbon that get caught in it

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This weekends project was removal of the hvac box to replace the air distributor and mode door. I also replaced the heater core, evaporator, blower resistor, the door linkages, and other parts I'm forgetting. I'll get a parts list up when I'm not so mentally frazzled. I do have great airflow now out of all three settings and no air leaks.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
You have a good looking truck! And you've done a lot of upgrades to yours that I would like to do to my 99 C1500 5.7 vortec suburban. Just recently got the Passlock straightened out, did water pump and hoses in February and new front brakes and upper ball joints this time last year. Mine has 174000 on it and I hope to get the service from it that you've gotten from yours. Thanks for the tips! What years was that factory underhood box used in? I've never seen one and it looks lots easier than rigging something up.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a good looking truck! And you've done a lot of upgrades to yours that I would like to do to my 99 C1500 5.7 vortec suburban. Just recently got the Passlock straightened out, did water pump and hoses in February and new front brakes and upper ball joints this time last year. Mine has 174000 on it and I hope to get the service from it that you've gotten from yours. Thanks for the tips! What years was that factory underhood box used in? I've never seen one and it looks lots easier than rigging something up.
Factory underhood box was 96-97 only I believe. @Z71Hobbs most likely has one all cleaned and looking better than new.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This weekends project was removal of the hvac box to replace the air distributor and mode door. I also replaced the heater core, evaporator, blower resistor, the door linkages, and other parts I'm forgetting. I'll get a parts list up when I'm not so mentally frazzled. I do have great airflow now out of all three settings and no air leaks.

Looks really good! So clean!