99 Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't need to solder those they are twist lock like the cluster, doors and headlight switch at least on 96-98 interior. Only ones that "requires" solder is the push buttons on the dash bezel for fog lights, aux , 4x4, ect..although some opt to solder all the bulbs themselves depending on how talanted/OCD you are in that, lol
He has an 05 now. Those need soldered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made new front splashguards out of some rolled rubber I picked up from Rural King. Grabbed some new longer retainers from Ace and installed them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today's project was the notorious vortec intake gaskets. Mine were leaking in the front of the motor. So I spent a day at a buddy's house and we knocked it out. Replaced the distributor because it was worn. Also changed the intake manifold bypass hose and warrantied my alternator since it was starting to squeak. Went pretty smoothly overall with the exception of a few broken vacuum lines which is to be expected. Added new fluids and it runs better than it has in quite some time.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So just a day and a half after the intake gaskets were done, the water pump crapped out. So pulled the old Monday and picked up the new one after work Tuesday. Installed and no leaks. Hopefully I can drive it without issues for a week or so. Picture of it in it's natural habitat.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well after having them sitting on my workbench for quite a bit, I swapped out my handles for the topkick/kodiak handles. I love them! They are much more solid and I enjoy the look. I have yet to do the barn door handle since you need to fab your own linkage for that. Also replaced the drivers door interior handle since I broke it in the process.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the top kick mod just the handles, or does it require extra parts? I noticed yours have the key hole on the back. Are there no-hole handles, or can you make them functional with the key?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the top kick mod just the handles, or does it require extra parts? I noticed yours have the key hole on the back. Are there no-hole handles, or can you make them functional with the key?
You need the handles, lock pawls, latch, and lock rods to do the swap. The handles are available from the aftermarket but the other parts are discontinued from gm. To my knowledge there aren't any "no key hole" topkick handles. The locks in my rear doors are just dummy locks since they aren't hooked up. I would think you could make the key lock work in the rear doors if you set it up like the front doors. You would need to change the latch in the rear doors since there isn't a provision for the lock rod. As I have it setup up now the rear doors function like factory - lock and unlock with the power lock button and key fob.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed my upper control arms and front shocks this weekend. Went from worn out Monroe's to Bilsteins - quite the difference. Also changed my bumper lights out to the euro quad light housings I got from @EthanBurdette. Currently at the tire shop getting an alignment and new tires. Also picked up a GM cab light harness because I'm really contemplating installing a set for no other reason than I like them.