99 Suburban K1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new replacement radiator I bought for my 99' Tahoe has that same port with a rubber cap. Came that way outta the box. My Tahoe has rear air but there was no OE hose going to that spot on the stock radiator. I was wondering what the heck it went to.

I think it’s used if there is coolant plumbing going to rear heater core and blower. From what I’ve gathered in a little bit of reading some have it, some don’t.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
On my 97 K1500 Suburban I had that rubber cap, but on my 96 K2500 with the 7.4L it runs to the heater core;

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up these 15" wheels today. Couldn't pass them up for 50$. The tires are dry rotted and useless, but I am going to clean these up and hold them untill I figure out what I am going to do with them. I was hoping they would be 17"s, so I could put my BGF Mud terrains on them, but oh well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hauled some wood

And the bolt for the battery terminal was loose and wouldn't tighten anymore, so I found a bolt laying around and stuck it in instead. Hopefully it holds.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My new lights showed up!

I was so glad to get rid of the stock ones. I am going to keep them since, well I have an addiction for hoarding parts I'll probably never use again (but are there if I need them)...lol.

Ended up breaking the plastic tab off on that filler piece between the bumper and the grill on the passenger side end..

New lights going in...they look good!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!

Lights look pretty good, and the light output with the new bulbs/housings are better then before. I may upgrade to HID's in the future though.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So while driving today, with the A/C on, I noticed that the 2nd row vents are blowing colder than the dash. Now the dash isn't warm, but its not cold either. It's enough to cool me down, but its odd. If the rear is blowing cold, shouldn't the front be blowing cold? I read online that I may be low on freon?

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up this sweet center console on EBay! It was out of a Silverado that was done up by one of those conversion companies in the 90's. It has tons of storage and the best part about it, is that it has an awesome built in ice box so I can stock it up with Mt. Dew (my fav!) on long trips. The top two lids I need to pull off to refinish, and I also need to figure out how I am going to mount it in the front, as the back bracket lines up with the existing one.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a boat, so I am hoping my Suburban can handle towing this beast! It is 39ft long and everything combined most likely weighs in around 7-8k lbs without motors/drives and fuel.

I am going to have to get an adapter harness for the trailer wiring, plus a different sized ball for my hitch, since I believe the one that fits this trailer is a little bigger. I will only be taking it about 8 minutes from the house to the boat yard for now. Once I get motors, I may have to upgrade to a 2500 or 3500 series Chevy.